Grays Harbor County Public Health Department has received funding for the Eviction Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) funds, paid for with CARES Act dollars through the Washington State Department of Commerce. The ERAP program aims to prevent evictions during the current economic crisis resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, by paying past due, current, or future rental costs for eligible recipients
PLEASE NOTE: If you schedule in the Spanish only speaking section of the scheduler, and you speak English as your first language. Your appointment will be deleted. We must keep this open for the Spanish only speaking population of our community. When you complete the questionnaire, and you are promoted to select the office in which you would like your appointment to occur. If there are no other options besides, “Para Personas De Habla Hispana Que No Tienen Un Intã‰Rprete Disponible” the website is NOT broken, it means the regular appointments are full.
The eligibility requirements are straightforward:
- Currently owe all, or part of a rent payment since March 1, 2020, and still occupying the residence
- Current Income (average over last 60 days, income from calendar year 2020, or income from calendar year 2021) at or below 80% of Area Median Income.
This funding is limited and will be targeted toward those who are most at risk of becoming homeless should they face eviction. In addition, equity is a primary goal, focusing on those people who have not had equal access to rent assistance in the past.
Fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic has led to an unprecedented number of households being behind on rent. In response to this need, federal, state and local policy makers have appropriated a rent assistance program to pay back rent, utilities, and some future rent to help people stay housed.
- Citizenship is not a requirement to apply for these funds - you will not be asked for your social security number or birth certificate
- Screening process may take up to 3 weeks. A staff member will be in touch to let you know if you will receive funding
- We may need to close the application link periodically while we process applications. Please check back frequently.
|80% of the Area Median Income
||Annual Income Limit